Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Secret of Monkey Island is...

now available once again for your PC and/or Xbox 360. :D

I played the demo on 360 this afternoon, but it just felt... wrong. Not trying to PC Snob it up in here, but I enjoyed the game (almost 20 years ago!) back when they called them "Point and Click Adventures". I think the player interface is a pretty essential part of my nostalgia. It was my first graphic adventure game and really unlike anything I had ever played at that point. The... smoothness... of the remade animation is a little off-putting, but it's worth it to hear Dominic Armato as the voice of Guybrush Threepwood again.

From what I can tell though, if you've never given the game a shot, you really can't go wrong with either version. The fact that you can flip between the classic version and the remake at the touch of a button along with being a legitimate classic game offered at a 10 dollar price-point makes this a tough one to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment