Wednesday, October 21, 2009

GG RIAA

Well, I just received an e-mail from Youtube saying that my Brütal Legend video was blocked for copyright infringement due to content being owned by Viacom. Seeing as I'm pretty sure EA is still independent (massive, but independent) I can only guess that Viacom is protecting any of their music that appears in the game. So! Seeing as the music is a major MAJOR part of the Brütal Legend experience, I guess I'm done posting direct feed footage of the game. MAYBE I will post some footage of the RTS battles just so you all can see what that's about, but... I'm kinda sour on wasting my time encoding and uploading these videos just to be shit on by the RIAA and its members. GG RIAA, your draconian bullshit is why I pretty much don't buy music anymore.

Suffice to say though, Brütal Legend itself continues to hold up with interesting characters, humorous dialog and fantastic all-around presentation. This is a game where any (possibly perceived) shortcomings in gameplay are bolstered (possibly overshadowed) by the fantastic aesthetic presentation.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. The RIAA and all other useless middlemen can go fuck themselves.

    ReplyDelete